The front door mounting kit is an accessory package for installing the glass front door of X1 series printers, including 1 pair of upper and lower hinges, 2 magnets, 4 screws in two types, and 1 front door rubber strip.
Generally, the front door mounting kit is needed only when the hinges are deformed. When used on the X1 series, generally only the upper and lower hinges need to be replaced, and the magnets and rubber strips do not need to be replaced.
The glass is fragile, so be careful when removing and installing it to prevent it from falling. If the glass is damaged, be careful not to injure your hands.
For details, please refer to the replacement video, the main steps are as follows:
1. Remove the glass front door, the screen, and the glass cover plate;
2. Unscrew the 3 screws that fix the front cover, and remove the 3 screws fixing the metal panel on the right side, loosen the cables hanging on the front cover, and take off the front cover;
3. Remove the upper and lower hinges. When removing the lower hinge, you need to use a wrench to bend the edge of the vertical beam a little bit to expose the screw;
4. Install the upper and lower hinges;
5. To install the front cover, you can break off a little of the right side panel to facilitate the installation;
6. Install the glass front door and screen, and replace the glass cover plate.
Visually check the appearance to confirm that the screws are not floating; manually open and close the glass door, and confirm the movement is smooth, and the closed position is normal.