The hotend heating assembly is installed at the lower end of the A1 series printer's toolhead, located behind the nozzle. Its function is to secure the hotend and provide heating for the hotend.
During the printing process, cable breakage, structural damage, and heating function failure may occur due to printing abnormalities, disassembly, and other factors. In such cases, it is necessary to replace the hotend heating assembly to ensure the operation of the printer.
|USB Cable (4PCS)
|TH Board (3PCS)
|Extruder (upper) (2PCS)
|Extruder (lower) (2PCS)
|Hotend Heating Assembly (3PCS)
It's crucial to power off the printer before performing any maintenance work on the printer and its electronics, including tool head wires, because leaving the printer on while conducting such tasks can cause a short circuit, which can lead to additional electronic damage and safety hazards.
When you perform maintenane or troubleshooting on the printer, you may be required to disassemble some parts, including the hotend. This process can expose wires and electrical components that could potentially short circuit if they come into contact with each other or with other metal or electronic components while the printer is still on. This can damage the electronics of the printer and cause further damage.
Therefore, it's essential to switch off the printer and disconnect it from the power source before doing any maintenance work. This will prevent any short circuits or damage to the printer's electronics. By doing so, you can avoid potential damage to the printer's electronic components and ensure that the maintenance work is performed safely and effectively.
If you have any concerns or questions about following this guide, open a new ticket in our Support Page and we will do our best to respond promptly and provide you with the assistance you need.
1. Unload the filament by operating the printer
2. Press the switch button to power off the printer and disconnect the power cable.
1. Press the toolhead cover from both sides to unlock and remove the cover, be careful not to press on the hotend fan. Pull the protrusion on the side of the hotend silicone sock with your hands, and remove the hotend silicone sock.
2. Release the hotend latch, then hold the heat sink with your hands and take out the hotend.
Disconnect the USB cable from the toolhead by removing the 4 screws A with an H1.5 hex key tool.
1. Remove the toolhead rear cover through the notch underneath the toolhead.
2. Use tweezers to push and remove both sides of the wire covers, taking care not to damage the wires inside.
Please refer to the description of each connector in the following figure to understand their use:
1-Hotend Heating Assembly 2-Filament Sensor 3-USB Cable (Removed) 4-Extruder Motor 5-Hotend Cooling Fan
6-Worm Flow Coil 7-Part Cooling Fan
1. According to the figure, disconnect the 4 connectors for the Hotend Heating Assembly (1), Extruder Motor (4), Part Cooling Fan (5), and Hotend Fan (7) in turn; unscrew the 2 Screws B with an H1.5 hex key tool and loosen the Worm Flow Coil connecting wire (6).
Important Note: The screws for securing the worm flow coil connection wires are small in size. After disassembly, use tweezers to remove them from the mainboard and keep them safe. If any screws are lost during the disassembly process, please contact our technical service team for assistance.
2. Unscrew the 3 screws C with an H1.5 hex key tool. It is cautious to avoid pulling forcefully to prevent breaking the filament sensor FPC cable.
3. Loosen and disconnect the filament sensor FPC cable and remove the TH Board from the toolhead.
Remove the Extruder Module by unscrewing 2 screws D and 2 screws E with an H2.0 hex key tool.
Unscrewing the 3 screws F with an H2.0 hex key tool, use tweezers to remove the hotend heating assembly connection wire from the latch and remove the hotend heating assembly from the toolhead block.
Install the new hotend heating assembly to the toolhead block and tighten 3 screws F to secure it. Use tweezers to install the hotend heating assembly connection wire securely into the right-side latch.
1. Install the extruder module to the toolhead block, ensuring that the worm flow coil, filament sensor, and extruder motor connection wires are not being pressed.
2. Secure the extruder module with 2 screws D at the top and 2 screws E at the bottom; use tweezers to securely install the worm flow coil connection wire into the left-side latch.
1. Connect and snap the Filament Sensor FPC Cable to the corresponding connectors on the TH Board. Mount the TH Board to the toolhead, taking care not to press on other cables, and then tighten the 3 screws C to secure the TH Board.
2. Lock 2 screws B to secure the worm flow coil connection wires. Connect the hotend cooling fan, part cooling fan, extruder motor, and hotend heating assembly cables in sequence to the corresponding connectors of the TH Board.
1. Check the cables and make sure the installation direction is correct and then install the wire covers on both sides in place.
Important Note: When installing, pay attention to the direction of the cable cover. The double-lock side of the cable cover should face the rear of the toolhead.
2. Check the position of the toolhead rear cover notch and press the cover into place after confirming that the installation direction is correct.
1. Open the quick-release device, hold the nozzle heat sink, align the mounting position, mount the nozzle in place, and snap the quick-release device.
2. Put on the hotend silicone sock and install the toolhead front cover.
Connect the USB cable to the through-hole above the toolhead per the direction of the cable slot and tighten 4 screws A to fix it.
Important Note: This USB cable is specially customized and does not support reverse insertion. It cannot be replaced with a regular USB cable. If it is damaged or lost, it is recommended to contact customer service for technical support.
1. Connect the power cable, press the switch button to power the printer, and verify that the printer starts up properly.
2. Operate the printer on the display screen, perform device calibration, and confirm that the cooling fans and extruder module are all functioning correctly.
3. Check the nozzle temperature on the display screen, change the temperature setting manually, and ensure that the hotend heating component is functioning properly after replacement.
We hope that the detailed guide we shared with you was helpful and informative.
We want to ensure that you can perform it safely and effectively. If you have any concerns or questions regarding the process described in this article, we encourage you to reach out to our friendly customer service team before starting the operation. Our team is always ready to help you and answer any questions you may have.
We will do our best to respond promptly and provide you with the assistance you need.